2006 A Year in Review
I love year end review shows and wrap ups. I guess it only takes a couple of months for me to get nostalgic for the olden days. Here are a few highlights of 2006 as far as my life and this site is concerned. I will try to put them in chronological order, but really they are just going to go in the order that I think of them.
- January‘s big news was the purchase of my new HP computer. Oh yeah and the announcement that Meredith was pregnant. Creative Ministry Resources: Body Prayer Idea
- February was all about Winter Retreat
- I want to go beyond. I want to take a moment and breathe deep not of the sacrifice of God that calls me to sacrifice—not of the work of God that pushes me to more work—not to the teaching of God that creates change in me—but simply of the beauty of God that forces me not into motion but into stillness. I want to stand in awe of the glory of God again. I want to loose my breath in the presence of His true greatness, not for what it can do for me, but simply for the joy of seeing perfection personified. And let that beauty inspire me to sacrifice, to work, to be transformed, not from the outside in, but from the inside out. That is my prayer, my dream. To be blown away by the beauty of God and remade new. From "Desire" February 11
- March was a good Nailscars.com blog month. If you are late coming and want to get an overview of what goes on here then check out March. Below are some of the key points
- Flood: Distortions
- I need help
- Prayer Positions
- My Lovely Wife
- A Real Discussion of a Taboo Topic
- A Smile
- Anatomy of a Wednesday Night
- April was moving month and if I had to give it one theme it would be "How do we make a difference if we are no different at all?"
- The most commented Nailscars.com post was in April: Christians on TV
- Nathan was born in May! It was also the month of the school controversy. The links below are some of the highlights
- It all started here: Fired Up
- General Updates
- A Non-Baby Post
- About "Hating" Teenagers
- June: Baby is here. Summer is here.
- This entry about a quilt in the Art building at Belmont makes me smile:A Woman’s Quilt
- In June it really set in for me that Nathan wasn’t going anywhere soon. I also sort of grew into the idea of him as a person rather than just a baby: He’s a Person
- July was…well lots of things. It was full of success and failure. It is worth the read again, but as it is my life and not yours you might not get as much out of the revisiting as I did. Here are the highlights.
- I got a new ipod
- I found myself seriously looking at changing jobs
- The reality of being a youth pastor and a dad really hit home
- God continued to break through and show His love
- Nailscars.com got its first sponsor (Rebecca Radioactive Muskrat)
- The Nailscars.com catch phrase was born "You may be good, but you are not muskrat good"
- I started Google adwords and then got kicked off for reasons still not really known to me
- I got to play some D&D
- We went on Mission Trip and came back (well, everything but our van)
- August: I went to my first Lifeway Writer’s Conference (as an ideator), some of my youth gave me an Xbox 360, other than that life just rolled on. I didn’t do anything very creative.
- Steve Irwin died
- I discovered YouTube
- I was attacked by bees
- and by Derek Webb
- I was offered a job to actually write for Lifeway
- and unless I am mistaken it was the last time "jose" left a comment
- October Quote:
Dang, I hate it when Meredith is right.
Actually I kind of think it is cool when she reminds me of the man I need to be. She always does it in such a soft way. There are times when I just forget and she is there to help me and strengthen me. She is the very definition of a strong Christian wife and even though it hurts sometimes when she corrects me it is one of the great joys of my life serving God alongside her and I wouldn’t be half the man that I am without her presence in my life.
- My favorite thing in November would have to be "Tiger Hunt" if you have a moment and didn’t read it last time check it out. It will make me happy.
- December…come on, December was just a couple of days ago if you can’t remember that far back I can’t be held accountable.
I guess that is the an overview of Nailscars.com in 2006. It was a year dominated by frustrations and victories and pacifiers and video cameras. I guess looking back what I have to say is that there is nothing in this world I would rather do that telling other people about Jesus. This job is hard at times, but I have to say I love serving God and I love my life. If you can say that at the end of a year you are blessed beyond measure.