This is a storytelling series designed more for “big church” than youth ministry. The message each week is developed around a story found on Nailscars.com (and included in the download). The messages progress from being someone in need of restoration to becoming a child of God to realizing the power that you have in Christ and finally focusing on how we are to live lives of sacrifice for others. All of the scripture comes from Ephesians.
- Teach Like Jesus .pdf
- PowerPoint outlines for each week
- additional readings and creative elements
WEEK ONE: YOU CAN BE RESTORED
- Story: The Rocking Chair
- Scripture: Ephesians 2:1-10
- Idea: No matter how messed up your life is God offers healing and restoration. He created you and is willing and able to restore you.
WEEK TWO: YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD
- Story: A Child of the King
- Scripture: Ephesians 3:3-14
- Idea: Once you are in Christ you become royalty. You are not who you were anymore you have been bought with a great price you are a child of the King.
WEEK THREE: BELIEVING IN GOD’S ABUNDANT LIFE
- Story: Angela’s Day at the Beach
- Scripture: Ephesians 1:18-21
- Idea: Sometimes it is hard for us to see beyond our situation and truly grasp what God’s abundant life is really all about.
WEEK FOUR: A LIFE OF SACRIFICE
- Story: Michael’s Gift
- Scripture: Ephesians 5:1-2
- Idea: Following God requires sacrifice. Since we have been bought with a great price we should be willing to give God more than our leftovers.