Don’t Be Ashamed
Staging: This is a dramatic reading for two readers. It is presented reader’s theater style with the readers standing side by side on the stage. It can be read or memorized and recited.
Spiritual Idea: This is based on Genesis 3:6-8. It is designed to be used at the start of a worship gathering.
2. When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it.
1. Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.
2. Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden.
1. If you are here and you feel dirty
2. don’t run and hide. Don’t lock yourself behind half-hearted singing
1. or whole hearted lunch dreaming
2. Reach out to God
1. Run to him, seek him in your worship
2. He isn’t here to condemn but to love
1. not to destroy but to heal
2. in this place, in this time don’t hide from God
1. Seek him out
1. search for him as we worship together
2. let us pray
1. God, your power and presence are all around us. You’re in the sunshine at the beginning of each new day—and in the stars we see at night.
2. We want to see your miracles. We want to feel the presence of your Holy Spirit
1. Come into this worship service and fill our hearts. Reveal yourself to each of us as we pray, and sing and meditate on you.
2. God heal our hearts of shame and guilt. Make for us soul-coverings so that we can commune with you.
1. Touch our lives in this place. Heal us and fill us with your worship