I hope you guys had a great Christmas and are getting ready for an
even better New Year. I have to brag a little right now. For the first
time ever I have actually kept a New Year’s resolution all year long.
Last year I decided to give up regular soda in favor of juice, water,
and diet drinks. I can’t believe it, but I have actually come all the
way around to the New Year again and I am still going strong. Maybe
this year I will decide to end world hunger and see if I can do as well
As you are grabbing out ideas for New Year’s lessons be sure to check out “Seed Worship” in the worship outline
section. There is a rough worship outline as well as some ideas for
prayer stations. I am using the plant object lesson tonight in “big
church” prayer meeting.
Real quick I want to give a Christmas present report.
- Sports Night: the complete series; One of the greatest shows ever!
- Magnetix: the all silver ones
- Line Chasers; this is actually a really cool toy car that follows a drawn line. I have a lesson about it that I will post soon.
- Best Buy Gift Card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- A Rubermaid Box; I just love storage boxes
- A really cool plush yellow M&M dressed as Darth Vader (I will stick up a picture soon)
- some of the small M&M’s dressed as Star Wars characters
- Applebees Gift Card
- A really cool bread dipping kit (spices for olive oil)
- a collection of Hickory Farms sauces (I love horseradish)
- A big inflatable thing that you attach to a water hose that sprays water everywhere
- The sequel to Shoo Fly Pie
- Low top black chuck taylor’s; what I call rocker shoes because it seems that every band person I see has chucks on.
Man, when you make a list like that I see that I got a ton a stuff. It
is cool that when you ask for toys and cheep stuff you get more. Next
year: Matchbox cars.