No one got all of the trivia questions right, although Andy did come the closest. It seems like the entries have quit trickling in so I thought I would post the correct answers here now.
1) On the NBC show friends what was the name of Ross’ first wife, the name of his first wife’s first wife, and the name of all of Ross’ subsequent wives? Carol, Susan, Emily, Rachel
2) What is the Pythagorean Theorem? the sum of the squares of the sides of a right triangle is equal to the square of the hypotenuse. (A squared + B squared = C squared) (Just because He always gives me a hard time here is what Andy wrote "For a right triangle, the sum of the squares of the lengths of the two legs is equal to the square of the length of the hyponuse. " I don’t know what a hypononuse is.)
3) Who painted the famous picture "Starry Night"? Vincent Van Gogh
4) What was the name of the prophet who delivered the Lord’s message to David about his affair with Bathsheba? Nathan
5) I can’t have a Nailscars.com quiz without an intentional typo. To be eligible to win you had to notice there was no 5.
6) What is the name of Joy’s husband on "My Name is Earl" and What does Earl call him? Darnell, Crabman
7) What is is the process by which a cell separates its duplicated genome into two identical halves called? Mitosis
8) Although many people know the song from the version recorded by the Jimi Hendrix Experience who wrote and originally performed the song "All Along the Watchtower"? Bob Dylan
9) Who do most scholars agree to be the author of the book of Ephesians? Paul
10) What is the name of the first female speaker of the house? Nancy Pelosi
11) Who’s prayer was God answering when He made the sun move back one hour? This is actually Isaiah in Isaiah 38:7-9. God stopped the sun for Joshua, but made it go backwards for Isaiah.
12) List at least 2 reasons why I have a cool job (these must be quotes from me, not your own interpretations) These would vary, but video games, dart guns, and seeing lives changed are all at the top of the list. Oh and Dungeons and Dragons.
13) In Bonnie Tyler’s song "Total Eclipse of the Heart" what line immediately follows "I don’t know what to do and I’m always in the dark. We’re…" living in a powder keg and giving off sparks.
14) Which prophet from the Bible had a vision of a woman in a measuring basket? Zechariah (as seen in chapter 5)
15) Name 3 woman included in the lineage of Jesus. Tamar, Rahab, Ruth, Bathsheba is mentioned but not named and of course Mary.
16) Which prophet’s vision inspired the popular song that goes in part "the foot bone connected to the leg bone, the leg bone connected to the foot knee bone" Ezekiel
17) What was the first miracle of Jesus recorded in the book of John? Water into Wine
18) In Genesis Isaac has a run in with some herdsmen around Gerar about some wells. List the names that Isaac gives to at least 2 of these wells. Esek (Quarrel) Sitnah (Bitterness) and Rehoboth (open spaces). The only reason I know these is because they are part of the lesson I am working on.
19) Do you know the punch line to this old joke? "What type of car did the apostles drive? and how do we know it?" A Honda cause they were all in one accord (but I don’t know where the verse is that says that)
20) How many of each animal did Noah take on the ark? I had people thinking that this was an old joke too, but it is a trick question for another reason. Most people believe that Noah took 2 of every kind of animal into the ark, and he did, but he also too 7 of all of the clean animals (or 7 pairs in some translations). This one got everyone.
Now I hope you feel smarter. Knowing lots of random facts makes you better than everyone else (or at least that is what I keep telling myself) so now you can look down your noses at your friends and coworkers.