National Trivia Day
Wow! A whole day dedicated to me. Those of you who know me know I love trivia (Corey Two Fingers Gaiden aka The Analytical Ninja calls me Fact Boy, but I am sure he does it out of love). So when I found out that today was National Trivia Day I was thrilled. But a sick baby, a cautious wife, a trip to the doctor, and a Lifeway deadline have kept me from sitting down and adding my own little bits of trivia to this day.
So I am sorry that for most of you this will be a day late, but here are some questions for you. Please email me with your answers. I will choose randomly from all correct responses and come up with some sort of prize for the winner.
1) On the NBC show friends what was the name of Ross’ first wife, the name of his first wife’s first wife, and the name of all of Ross’ subsequent wives?
2) What is the Pythagorean Theorem?
3) Who painted the famous picture "Starry Night"?
4) What was the name of the prophet who delivered the Lord’s message to David about his affair with Bathsheba?
6) What is the name of Joy’s husband on "My Name is Earl" and What does Earl call him?
7) What is is the process by which a cell separates its duplicated genome into two identical halves called?
8) Although many people know the song from the version recorded by the Jimi Hendrix Experience who wrote and originally performed the song "All Along the Watchtower"?
9) Who do most scholars agree to be the author of the book of Ephesians?
10) What is the name of the first female speaker of the house?
11) Who’s prayer was God answering when He made the sun move back one hour?
12) List at least 2 reasons why I have a cool job (these must be quotes from me, not your own interpretations)
13) In Bonnie Tyler’s song "Total Eclipse of the Heart" what line immediately follows "I don’t know what to do and I’m always in the dark. We’re…"
14) Which prophet from the Bible had a vision of a woman in a measuring basket?
15) Name 3 woman included in the lineage of Jesus.
16) Which prophet’s vision inspired the popular song that goes in part "the foot bone connected to the leg bone, the leg bone connected to the foot knee bone"
17) What was the first miracle of Jesus recorded in the book of John?
18) In Genesis Isaac has a run in with some herdsmen around Gerar about some wells. List the names that Isaac gives to at least 2 of these wells.
19) Do you know the punch line to this old joke? "What type of car did the apostles drive? and how do we know it?"
20) How many of each animal did Noah take on the ark?