Seed: New Beginnings Dramatic Reading
This is a reading that we used in our “seed” Friday Night Connection. It opens with Ecclesiastes 3 and then talks about new beginnings.
The idea of this skit is to use it at the start of a new year (or new school year). It talks about where we have come with God and how we have potential (like a seed) to grow over the coming year.
The opening dialog is taken from Ecclesiastes 3 (NIV). The focus is that we must decide if we are going to let God shape and grow us over the coming year or will we remain the same as we have been.
1. There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:
2. a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot,
1. a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build,
2. a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance,
1. a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
2. a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away,
1. a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak,
2. a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.
1. Over the past year we have experienced many things
2. Our days have been full of triumphs and defeats laughter and heartache
1. We have walked close to God in worship and have walked through long dry days searching for his face
1. We have reached out to new people and taken the love of Christ to new places
2. And we have ignored hurting people around us and hoarded God’s love for ourselves.
1. But no matter what we have done this year, we are not the same people who sat here a year ago
2. We have learned new truth and seen new revelations we have grown, we have changed,
1. We have become
2. But we aren’t at the end of our journey yet, in fact our quest is only just beginning
1. God is calling us to join Him on His quest to change the world. He is inviting us to jump into His life of adventure
2. So we stand here at the start of another year
1. With new decisions,
2. New joys
1. New pains
2. New experiences
1. New expectations
2. New life stretching out before us
1. We are filled with such potential
2. Like a seed we may not seem like much now, but God has a plan for us to grow
1. To become more than we have ever dreamed
2. The question is will you choose God’s adventure
1. Will you choose to follow the path that God has placed before you
2. Will you choose to take up this quest to take God’s truth to the ends of the earth
1. Will you choose to take up this quest to take God’s love to the people around you right here and now
2. We are filled with such potential
1. Will you remain a seed
2. Or will you chose God?