Or at least women are. We had our baby class tonight and we watched one of those great videos with early 90’s hairdos and great animations. As we watched I couldn’t stop thinking, "Wow! We have an awesome God!" Here are some of the things that I learned.
- Breast milk is different in a woman who has a premature baby from a woman who carries her baby full term. The woman’s body actually knows that the premature baby will need different nutrients and creates milk accordingly. How amazing is that.
- (I have several of these breastfeeding ones so bear with me) The early milk is exactly what a baby needs to clean out its digestive system of that awful tar like stuff that comes out first (you parents know what I am talking about)
- Breast milk actually changes over time. As the baby’s body is prepared for more fat the mother’s milk begins to contain more fat.
- When a baby is born it turns its head so that the head goes through the pelvis the right way. Then once the head has passed the pelvis the baby actually turns so the shoulders can go through the best way too. How freaking amazing is that!
- Shoot, there were like 4 more cool things, but I can’t remember them!
As I watched and learned all of these really amazing things I couldn’t help but think about what an awesome creator we have. The whole baby process just shows the greatness of God and his wonderful power. Then once you get past the whole medical marvel part of it what you have at the end is a real live human being, and that is pretty remarkable too. I have to admit I am really getting excited about meeting Nathan. I know he is going to be so cute sitting in his baby papasan swing with what I am sure is going to be extremely large cheeks being waited on like he is a pharaoh or something. That image just won’t leave my head and I can’t wait to see it in real life.